Monday, September 9, 2013

Challah Bread

All I had to do was put a sticky note on the pastry board in the kitchen last night that read "Challah" and it was done.

I woke up to the amazing smell of baking bread wafting through the house and my kid running around asking, "When's the bread going to be ready?!" At this time of year especially, I crave Challah Bread. It's probably because I grew up in a diverse neighborhood on the north side of Chicago. There was nothing like the smell of delicious bread baking at our favorite Jewish deli, Hanover's Deli, near my home. Trust me, you don't have to be Jewish to love the food traditions of this wonderful culture.

Above: ready for oven
Below: ready to eat


Today, here at my home, out came the bread book and not long after two beautiful loaves of Challah. Thank you, Dear.

Recipe to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment